Are you braving the roadways or airports to see family and friends this holiday season? Keep your trek safe by adhering to these Thanksgiving travel tips for 2018:
- Get lots of sleep: If you will be driving during the holidays, make sure you are well-rested. Highways will be more congested, weather may be rough, and accidents are more likely. By being well-rested, you will be a more alert and prepared driver.
- Pack smart: In your vehicle, pack a cooler with snacks and water within reach from the driver’s seat. If flying, use convenient products like packing cubes to stay organized and fit everything into a carry-on to save money.
- Arrive early: Airports will be flooded with people during Thanksgiving. Give yourself plenty of time to get through security and to your gate on time. If you miss your flight, it may be days before you can find another with available seats.
- Consider a different route or airport: If you can bypass major cities on your drive, take those routes. Even if it adds more miles, you are likely to encounter fewer drivers. And if flying, consider less popular airports, even if it means driving a little further.
- Wash your hands: Airports are full of people carrying germs and diseases from all over the world. Wash your hands frequently to avoid getting sick.
Whether you’re headed out or staying home for Thanksgiving, the team at Wright Buick GMC wishes you a happy and healthy holiday.